Summer is coming and what better way to wake up to it, than with a juicy breakfast to make you feel refreshed, shining and will give you a big burst of energy!
Adding lots of fresh summer fruits and juicy flavours into your breakfast is the perfect way to give you a taste of the tropics. So Instead of the usual cereal and milk why not swap it with some of these quick and easy ideas.
STEP 1: The Base – Choosing the Smoothie
Smoothies are a great alternative to milk, with a sorbet taste, natural sugars and an awesome cleanser to the body; you can use this as a base. Here are some summer bursting smoothie tips using some of our Chi products:
- 1-2 Cup of frozen raspberries
- Sprinkle in Cacao Nibs
- ½ Cup Chi Chocolate Coconut Milk
Strawberry Mango Delight:
- 5-6 strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 1.5 cup mangoes, frozen or fresh (about 2 medium yellow mangoes)
- (1/2) cup Chi Coconut Milk
- up to (1/2) cup water
Berry Purple Power (Serves 2):
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or fresh)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh)
- 6 strawberries (large, fresh preferred; frozen is OK)
- 1/2 cup Chi Raw Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (vanilla)
- 1 tbsp honey (or to taste, optional)
Step 2: Choosing the MAIN topping
Now it’s time to pick some toppings you could add to your smoothie bowl!
- Adding a creamy fruit like a chopped banana is perfect to compliment the tangy taste of the berries, as it will add more sweetness to it.
- Honey Granola sprinkle
- Crushed Weetabix
- Museli/ Toasted Buckwheat
- Chia pudding
- Or adding even more fruit is another option!
Step 3: Any Extras?
If you want to add anymore toppings to more flavour, these are highly recommended!
- Shredded Coconut
- Cacao Nibs
- Crushed Almonds (any nuts)/seeds
- Dried fruit
- A blob of Whole earth peanut butter
You can mix and match any of the smoothies with the toppings for your own desired taste!