The weekend is coming! Woohoo!
During the weekend you just want to enjoy your lazy morning with a nice brunch to share with your family or your friends. But you don’t know what to make? At Chi we have some tasty recipes to illuminate your morning.
For these brunch recipes we focused on egg omelette because there are so many benefits to eating eggs in the morning. A lot of studies showed that eating eggs help you to maintain a calorie deficit and lose weight. Not to mention they are really easy to make!
Sweet – Orange Coconut Omelette
Ingredients – Serves 1
3 large eggs
¼ cup Chi coconut milk
½ tsp orange zest
Pinch salt and black pepper
1 tbsp Chi coconut oil
- Add Chi coconut oil to a non-stick pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs, orange zest, salt, pepper and coconut milk to a small mixing bowl and give this a good whisk, until slightly frothy.
- Pour that mixture into the preheated pan and swirl it around to spread your omelette evenly over the entire surface of the pan.
- Let the omelette settle for a few seconds then run a heat resistant rubber spatula around the edge to sort of break it down a little bit, then start swirling again.
- You want some of the uncooked eggs from the top to get under the omelette. Don’t be afraid to break it up a little bit.
- Repeat that process 2 or 3 times until the top really starts to set. Remove from heat and let your omelette sit for a few minutes until the top is completely (or almost completely) set. You can cover it if you want to speed things up a bit…
Delicately slide your omelette onto serving plate, (fold it in half while doing so if desired) and garnish with fresh (or dry, or toasted) unsweetened coconut shavings.
Savoury – Vegetable Omelette
• 2 egg whites and 3 yolks from free range eggs
• A handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
• 1⁄2 chopped white onion
• 1 clove of garlic crushed
• 1 tbsp of Chi coconut oil
• A handful of spinach
- Sautee onion and coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat until translucent.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, spinach and garlic, stir around with the onions.
- Add the egg mixture on top.
- Cook until the bottom of the omelette is bronzed, flip in half, cook for another 30 seconds and serve.
And to have all the energy needed for your day, drink our organic raw coconut water!