As we move towards October, it is important to start protecting ourselves from the damaging effects of the cold, winter weather. During these colder months, dryness in the air forces our hair, skin and nails to behave very differently. Compensating for this loss of natural moisture in the air can be challenging, but here at Chi, we have an all-in-one solution for you…
Labelled as “nature’s wonder oil,” Coconut Oil is packed with nutrients that can help to nourish dry hair skin and hair. Organic, Virgin, Coconut Oil is also a natural and effective way to lessen your exposure to the toxins and chemicals found in many everyday beauty products. Many moisturisers, shampoos and conditioners contain alcohols and petroleum-based ingredients that can suffocate the skin and damage hair. Commercial beauty brands often contain a lot of water too, which makes you feel like your skin/hair are being moisturised, but as soon as the water dries, your skin dries. In contrast, coconut oil provides deep and real moisture. It helps to strengthen underlying tissues and remove excessive dead cells on the skin’s surface, as well as strengthen hair follicles and add shine for gorgeous, silky locks.
Grab yourself a jar of Chi Organic Virgin Coconut Oil here, and follow these 3 easy steps for hydrated hair, skin and nails this Winter…
1. Wash your hair using a natural and organic shampoo. We recommend Green People’s range. Rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Apply a generous amount of Coconut Oil to your hair, and comb through to the ends. (Tip: leave about 1 inch of the roots un-oiled to avoid the greasy-look!)
3. Leave for 10 – 30 minutes. Rinse once or twice and leave the hair to dry naturally.
4. Repeat once a week.
blake lively link
1. Cleanse face as per your usual routine.
2. Apply a small amount of coconut oil around the delicate eye area, and any dry patches. (Tip: coconut oil also makes a great lip balm!)
3. Allow 10 minutes to soak into the skin before applying make-up.
1. Remove any existing nail polish and soak your hands in warm water.
2. Massage coconut oil into your hands, concentrating on the cuticle and nail area.
3. Sit back, relax and allow 10 minutes to soak into the skin.
4. Apply your favourite nail polish. (We recommend Zoya – free from harsh chemicals and toxins.)
Beautiful skin also comes from within. Remember to drink plenty of water and coconut water during winter.