Want an easy way to give your hair some TLC? This coconut oil hair treatment is a great conditioner and is perfect for all hair types. It only consists of three ingredients, all of which have long been regarded as great hair conditioners.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- If the coconut oil is solid, warm it over low heat until it melts.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the honey. This might take a minute or two of whisking to get the ingredients to combine
- In a bowl, separate the egg yolk and white (or, you can use the whole egg if you prefer).
- Gently whisk the egg yolk and then slowly add in the coconut oil and honey mixture. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Apply to dry hair and massage into the hair and the scalp. It is helpful to have someone help you with this, if you can find a willing party. That way, they can ensure you get your entire scalp covered. Plus, it always feels good to have someone else massage your scalp, so it will be like a mini-spa getaway! 🙂
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave on as long as you can, even overnight if you’re willing. Every so often, you can squish your hair around through the shower cap if you’d like. If you sleep with this mixture in your hair, cover your pillow with an old towel, just in case some leaks out.
- When you’re ready to wash it out, just rinse with warm water until everything is removed. If you feel like you hair is still too oily, you can use a gentle shampoo, but if you can avoid shampooing, that is best.
- Dry and style as normal.