Going back to work after the Christmas break is pretty hard. Feeling tired, dont’ have enough energy? Don’t worry we are all feel like that. After few days enjoying some rich foods, sleeping late… There is no question your body is tired, we just need to get back our healthy habits. The best way to do that is to detoxify your body because detoxification helps the digestion, boost energy levels, skin cleansing… To name a few. So now let’s find out how to do it!
1. What food to avoid?
- Milk products (except ½ cup unsweetened yoghurt with acidophilus each day)
- Sugar, honey, maple syrup, artificial sweeteners
- Grains: wheat (bread, biscuits, cakes, pasta), rye, barley, oats, spelt and rice
- Dried fruit
2. What’s the food to enjoy?
- Fruit: any and all fresh fruit
- Vegetables: any and all fresh vegetables
- Fish: fresh, canned in water or olive oil
- Lean red meat, chicken (without the skin). Limit to two servings per week.
- Legumes: dried or canned, such as kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils
- Eggs: preferably organic
- Olive oil (preferably extra virgin), Coconut oil (unprocessed)
- Nuts: raw unsalted almonds, walnuts, macadamias and cashews
- Seeds: raw unsalted sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Green tea, white tea, weak black tea (decaffeinated)
3. Lemon Water
Add lemon to your water through out the day. The acid in the lemons assist the cleansing process. Citrus fruits, such as lemons, contain a pure concentrated form of citric acid. Citric acid works like bleach on fat. Due to its acidity and high ph, citric acid is able to actually penetrate and break down fat molecules. Try to drink one to three litres of water per day!
4. Best advice to detox
Exercise: During detox aim to exercise for one hour daily. Try to do intense exercises that makes you sweat.
Raw foods: Aim to cut out the cooking process and eat mainly raw foods. Raw foods contain more nutrients and enzymes.
Chew: Aim to chew each mouthful of food 10 to 12 times before swallowing.
Detox Kale smoothie
handful of cilantro
2 handfuls kale
1 thumb nail sized piece of ginger
250ml Chi Raw coconut water
1 tsp protein powder
Blend all ingredients.