We are a big fan of Chefonabike the foodie biker! He has kindly shared with us his yummy granola bar recipe. All clean, healthy recipes and, of course, they have got chi coconut oil in them. Brilliant for that early morning metabolism kick start and energy boost! Chefonabike says:
‘A super healthy version of a very popular everyday snack / energy bar just got a lot better. A clean approach is essential here so instead of using butter and sugars, Chi Coconut Oil and Honey are the sticky/combining agents. Also the crunchy peanut butter provides texture and flavour to the bar. Enjoy as a breakfast or as a Pre workout (whatever your sport/activity is) fuel..also ideal as a Recovery/Post trinity food to replenish glycogen used by your muscles.’
– 2 tbsp Chi Coconut Oil
– 2 tbsp Chi Coconut water
– 1 cup packed pitted Medjol dates
– 1 1/2 lightly toasted jumbo organic Oats
– 1 cup raw whole almonds
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup Organic crunchy peanut butter
– 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
1. Process the dates in a food processor until you get a smooth paste. Use 2 tbsp Chi Coconut water to help the blending process.
2. Place oats, almonds, cranberries and dates paste in a bowl and set aside.
3. Warm honey, peanut butter and Chi Coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Stir gently and then pour over the oats mixture. Mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mix to a baking parchment lined baking tin/tray.
5. Press down with a spatula until smooth and uniformly flattened. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
6. Remove from the baking tin, cut into bars 10/12 bars. You can store them in air tight container or wrapping them individually. They keep in the fridge for up to 6 days.
Optional additions: raw cocoa nibs; goji berries; other nuts; banana chips; vanilla.
Serving size: 1 bar | Calories: 220 | Fat: 9gr | Saturated: 1,5gr | Carbohydrates: 31gr | Sugar: 20gr | Fiber: 5gr | Protein: 7gr
Recipe by Chefonabike www.chefonabike.me
For more wonderful recipes click here to visit our Pintrest!