We have a little secret that we want to share with you: Lip balms made at home are way better than store bought varieties. And believe it or not, everyone can blend up your very own inexpensive, custom lip treatments in the kitchen in no time at all.
This particular recipe combines just 4 whole food ingredients for an enviably smooth and sweet Coconut Oil Vanilla Lip Balm. Do-it-yourself, nutrient dense, lip balm perfection that can be whipped together in 10 minutes? Sounds secret-worthy to me!
Ingredients Lip Balm:
2 tablespoon mango butter or cocoa butter (or blend of both)
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
2 tablespoons beeswax, pastilles or shredded
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Coarsely chop or grate the beeswax and butters if in solid block form (if using pastilles skip this step).
2. Measure out equal parts tightly packed, grated beeswax and butters into a mason jar or small glass pyrex measuring cup. Add of coconut oil as well.
3. Prepare a double boiler system by adding about 1-2” of water to a small pot. Submerge bottom of mason jar or measuring cup in water. Heat water on medium-low to melt contents, stirring occasionally. Monitor to ensure that the water does not boil over the rim into blend.
4. Once melted together, immediately remove from heat and add vanilla extract to mix. Take care to handle jar with proper protection, as it will be hot. Stir vigorously to combine.
5. Pour the hot mixture into lip balm containers. Use tubes or tubs to your preference. To speed up cooling process, place containers in the refrigerator to set. Use as you would any other lip balm and enjoy!