Do you love churros but too intimidated to make your own? Well Don’t be! This Coconut Churro Bites recipe takes just 30 minutes and it is surprisingly simple and amazing. Made with coconut flour and ghee, then coated in coconut sugar and cinnamon, you won’t be able to stop snacking on these delicious bites! We will guarantee you that!
Cooking time: 20 mins. Prep Time: 10 mins.
Everyone loves churros. These small churro bites are perfectly portable and oh-so delicious!
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 7 tbsp of Ghee
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup of Arrowroot Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
How to Make Mini Coconut Sugar Churros?
- heat water and ghee on a medium heat over stovetop and bring to a low boil
- While waiting for the ghee to boil, combine salt, coconut flour and arrowroot flour in a bowl.
- Once boiling, stir in flour mixture, mixing until everything is combined and “dough” forms a ball; remove from heat and let cool for approximately five minutes. At this time, combine coconut sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Add eggs one at a time to dough. Stir vigorously for each one so that dough is soft and not crumbly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and place dough through piping bag.
- Once oil is hot enough, carefully pipe out dough, little by little, forming “bites” each time.
- Cook each side until golden brown, approximately one minute per side. Immediately place bites into cinnamon sugar mixture and coat them before allowing them to cool.