This month Chi gives you the chance to win an amazing hamper where we included an Nutribulet for you to make some yummy juices or smoothies. One of our favorite ways to make smoothies is by adding freeze dried fruits, unusual, don’t you think? It’s fun to add a whole assortment of fruits to any smoothie. A small handful of freeze-dried fruits can really kick up the antioxidant content of your smoothie. If you are ready to make some smoothies, dig out your nutribullet and let’s do it!
Green Tea, Strawberry crispy, and Banana
3 Tbsp water
1 green tea bag
2 tsp honey
½ med banana
¾ c calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk
1. MICROWAVE water on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
2. COMBINE strawberry crisps, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability.
3. ADD tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve!
Power Crispy Peach
1 c CHI coconut milk
2 Tbsp low-fat vanilla yogurt
⅛ tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp whey protein powder
3 ice cubes1 c oats1.
1. BLEND together any liquid ingredients (coconut milk, yogurt) and protein powder; this will help break down the grainy powder and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
2. ADD mushy ingredients, like pre cooked oatmeal and fruit, then add ice at the end. For a thicker shake, you can toss in more freeze dried fruits
Strawberry- Kiwi Smoothie
41¼ c cold apple juice
1 ripe banana, sliced
1 kiwifruit, sliced
COMBINE the juice, banana, kiwifruit and strawberries crisps,. Blend until smooth.
2 cups fresh baby spinach (or other leafy green)
1 celery stalk (optional)
1/2 cup water
1 cup Giving Tree Apple crisps
1 clamp Cinnamon
COMBINE everything, blend until smooth.
Raw coconut water with Mango crisps
250 ml Chi Raw Coconut water
1 cup strawberries (fresh or freeze dried)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup Giving Tree Mango crisps
1.FILL ice trays with the Chi raw coconut water and freeze until solid.
2. PLACE the fruits, honey and 12 coconut water ice cubes into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Creamy Green Smoothie
250 small cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1/2 of a medium courgette, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup Giving Tree Broccoli crisps
1 cup lime sherbet
3/4 cup ice cubes
1 Place a steamer basket in a saucepan. Add water to just below the bottom of the basket. Bring water to boiling. Add apples and courgette. Cover and reduce heat. Steam for 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender. Remove from heat; cool completely.
2 Transfer apple mixture to a blender. Add sherbet. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed. Add ice cubes and the Broccoli crips. Cover and blend until smooth.
Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately