See the capital transformed into a sparkling winter Wonderland in December, and join in the New Year’s Eve festivities.
December is the most magical month to visit London, with lots of festive things to do as Londoners celebrate Christmas and New Year.
London’s Christmas Festivals And Pop-Up Festive Villages
- Explore London’s biggest and most popular Christmas experience,Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, for ice skating, an observation wheel and fairground rides, stalls brimming with toys and sweets, festive shows and more. 17 Nov-1 Jan
- Enjoy Nordic-themed activities, including a rooftop sauna, plus a Christmas market, festive shows and seasonal food along the river at Southbank Centre’s Wintertime Festival. 10 Nov-4 Jan
- Find a festive haven in the centre of London’s bustling West End with Christmas in Leicester Square. 10 Nov-7 Jan
- Discover the Greenwich Wintertime Festival, London’s new festive experience set in the grounds of the majestic Old Royal Naval College, which features ice skating, live music, Christmas shopping and more activities for all ages. 1-31 Dec
- Step into Winterville, a Christmas-themed adventure park featuring classic and alternative seasonal activities, such as ice skating, roller disco, crazy golf, Christmas movies and street food. 23 Nov-1 Jan
- Find more seasonal activities for all the family at these top Christmas markets this December in London.
Top London Winter Events
- Follow a glittering trail of lights, music and colours around the famous botanic gardens after dark at the annual Christmas at Kew. 22 Nov-1 Jan
- Go behind the scenes of the Harry Potter movies and see the iconic sets dressed for Christmas with Hogwarts in the Snow. 18 Nov-28 Jan
- Wander past huge illuminated lanterns including enchanting Christmas-themed installations and traditional Chinese handmade sculptures as the Magical Lantern Festival returns to Chiswick Gardens. 24 Nov-1 Jan
New Year’ Eve In London
London’s famous New Year’s Eve fireworks take place every year at the Coca-Cola London Eye on 31 December: buy your ticket in advance to secure a place at this popular London December event. Alternatively, there are plenty of other things to do in London on New Year’s Eve during the day and right through the night, from family shows and ice skating, to parties and dining on the river.