A the evenings get darker, fireworks light up the skies fore Bonfire Night, London’s streets begin to sparkle with Christmas lights, traditional pubs offer a cosy retreat.
There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London. The colder weather is the perfect excuse to head to a cosy pub. London’s pubs are a cultural institution, where you can enjoy warming log fires, local beers and hearty meals.
November Events in London
Special Events in November.
- Get up close to classic and futuristic cars at the annual Regent Street Motor Show, the largest free motor show in the UK. (4 Nov)
- Watch the dark autumn skies light up with amazing Bonfire Night fireworks on Guy Fawkes Night in November. (3-5 Nov)
- Enjoy jazz music in grand concert halls and intimate venues across the capital during the London Jazz Festival. (10-19 Nov)
- Witness The Lord Mayor’s Show, an 800-year-old inauguration ceremony that has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers, followed by a fireworks display. (11 Nov)
- Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars with Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday events and services in London.(11-12 Nov)
- Take the family on a fun-filled adventure to all five of Paddington’s Pop-Up London book installations located across the city. (23 Oct-3 Dec)
Christmas Activities in November in London.
- Attend a Christmas lights switch-on event to witness the first sparkles of Christmas in London.(From 7 Nov)
- Soak up the festive atmosphere with markets, shows and more at Southbank Centre’s Wintertime festival. (From 10 Nov)
- Explore the hugely popular Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, filled with festive activities, amazing shows and delicious food and drink. From 17 Nov
- See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter with Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London. (From 18 Nov)
- Stroll among thousands of twinkling lights and illuminated displays in the beautiful Kew Gardens with Christmas at Kew. (From 22 Nov)
- Or head over to Chiswick House and Gardens, which light up with the Magical Lantern Festival as night falls. (From 24 Nov)