To be healthy every day is not easy! Staying motivated to eat healthy can be even harder during this season. You smell BBQ every where, ice-cream or fresh soft drinks. All so tempting. And the big excuse that we can hear during summer ‘Oh it’s okay we are on vacation!’ Be careful! Bad habits can come back so quickly. But it’s a shame to quit so close to your goals because ‘winners never quit and quitters never win.’ So let’s keep motivated, no more excuses! In this article you’ll find all the best tips to stay healthy.
1. Set your goals
First you have to set realistic goals which are achievable. Make sure that you can adapt your lifestyle around meeting your goals. Also you have to make you goals specific with a short term goal such as running a 5K toward running a marathon. Your goal needs to be measurable.
2. Exercise as much as you can
As you know exercising is so good for your mind and your body. But also it can help you to eat more healthy by helping you to resist temptation and it reduces craving for junk food. When you start exercising you don’t want to eat junk food but healthy food to see the results of your workout.
3. Don’t get bored
Sometimes eating healthy can be boring…At CHI HQ we say NO! It’s not true now, and thanks to the internet, we can make some yummy and tasty recipes. And lucky as we are, we can find some really nice restaurants! Try new things, don’t stick on one kind of meal. By nature, humans need changes and variety to stay motivated.
4. Healthy snacks
Always bring a healthy snack with you before to go out. This will help you to stay away from the junk food and you won’t be hungry. Studies showed that if you go grocery with an empty stomach you are more tempting to buy junk food. So get a snack before going to the supermarket!
Available at Planet Organic/ Whole Foods/ Selfridges
Here you will find all the healthy snacks to bring with you:
5. Enjoy eating
First thing that you have to remember, you are not on a diet but you choose to eat healthy! So enjoy eating all kinds of food, even your favourite foods (usually not healthy). Deprivation is the worst thing you can do, you’ll just get frustrated. So if you want a treat, eat it and enjoy it but with moderation.
6. Chi Raw coconut
Chi Raw Coconut Water can help you to eat less junk food! How? After drinking coconut water you’ll feel less hungry thanks to its nutrients and vitamins, try it you’ll love it!
Available on ocado.com/ Whole Foods/ Planet Organic
When it comes to summer, it is all about spending time outside in the gorgeous sunshine, with a few drinks, and yummy BBQ food. At Chi HQ we absolutely love a BBQ and believe this food festive time does not need to be unhealthy. We believe you can still indulge in delicious foods, but the healthy way, which won’t leave you feeling guilty the next day! Instead of the sticky sugary marinades or the unhealthy creamy dressings used to cake your meats and salads, why not try these healthy alternatives that will help you keep up your healthy momentum, but still keeping a d-e-licious tastes and flavours in your BBQ. Here is a small guide on how to create a healthy BBQ this summer.
STEP 1: VEGGIES
Chi Coconut Oil acts as the perfect glaze to BBQ Veggies to give them some extra mouth-watering flavours!
- Chop up a range of assorted vegetables – peppers, courgette, mushroom, carrots etc
- 2 Tsp Chi Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Tspn salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 Tblsp fresh garlic, minced
Mix and toss all ingredients in a large bowl, place on skewers and grill on the BBQ
STEP 2: MEAT (optional) MARINADE
Grilled Lemon-Lime Chicken
- 8 boneless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Chi Coconut oil, melted
- 1/4-cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4-cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1-teaspoon lime peel
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2-teaspoon salt
- 1/2-teaspoon pepper
In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine all ingredients except for chicken. Mix well and add chicken, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning occasionally. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on hot grill. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges and coriander.
STEP 3: BAKED SWEET POTATO
This is the perfect extra side to have with your vegetables, meats or salad. It is filling, healthy and a great substitute for a regular potato!
- 3 Sweet Potatos
- 3 Tbspn Chi Coconut Oil (melted)
- Salt, Pepper
- Chili flakes/garlic (optional)
Simply chop up a sweet potato into chunky chips shapes or into 2 halves, coat with melted Chi Coconut Oil onto the potato and sprinkle rock salt, pepper and chili flakes. The sweet and spicy combo is yummy!
STEP 4: DRINKS – SUMMER COCONUT PUNCH
What is a BBQ without a fruity drink to flush it all down? We love to add our Chi Coconut Waters into our fruit punch to fill it up with flavours, and keep it super quench-thirsting!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh fruit
- 8 skewers
- 1 (17.5 ounce) container Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 1 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 1 Champagne bottle (optional)
- Thread fruit on skewers and freeze for an hour or more.
- In the meantime, mix the Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water and juice
- Refrigerate (covered) until serving time.
- To serve, fill glasses about 2/3 full with coconut mixture, add a skewer and top with champagne (optional).
Or just drink Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water as it is!
STEP 5: DESSERT – COCONUT & CHIA SEED PUD
We cannot have a BBQ without a sweet pudding to finish it off. A cold, light dessert is always the best way to end the food fiesta! Here is a easy-to make, healthyISH dessert to try! Sweet and simple always does the job!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl or half pint Mason type glass jar, add coconut, chia seeds, coconut milk, Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water, vanilla and salt and mix until very well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to rest for at least 2 hours
- Serve with fresh raspberries or other fruit of your choice