We are lucky to have an amazing nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert aka Rhitrition at Chi HQ. She’s offering dietary advice on how to live a healthy & happy lifestyle and how to eat well, check out her website here.
In this article we gathered the best porridges from Rhitrition to kickstart your mornings! Porridge is packed full of nutrients, especially if you mix the oats with some superfoods. It takes less than 5 minutes to make these recipes, perfect when you are in a rush!
Chia Seed Porridge
Peanut Butter Porridge
make you drool…
We may believe that “health is wealth” here at Chi, but we also believe that treating yourself is just as important too…
Pancake Day is the perfect excuse to indulge, and honestly, you can have so much fun with it. Steer clear of chocolate spread, lemon and sugar, and get inventive in the kitchen instead.
This glorious Chocolate Chia Pancake recipe is a great place to start. It’s loaded with chocolate, but also has a healthy, wholesome kick to it. It’s both naughty, and nice, and we promise you’ll be the envy of all your friends!
Chocolate Chia Pancakes with Spiced Plums
Makes 8 medium-sized pancakes.
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp chocolate, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/3 cup gluten free flour
1 tbsp corn meal
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 large egg
3/4 cup Chi Coconut Milk (add more if the batter is too thick)
1 tbsp Chi Coconut Oil
10-15 small plums, peeled, pitted and quartered
1 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
Half a cinnamon stick
- In a pan, combine 1 tbsp sugar with about 2 tbsp water. Add the quartered plums and cook on medium-low heat.
- While the plums are cooking, in a large bowl, whisk together the cacao powder, cocoa powder, brown sugar, chia seeds, gluten free flour, salt, and corn meal.
- Whisk in the egg and almond milk. If the batter is still too thick, add some more almond milk (should run easily off of the spoon).
- Finally, stir in the melted chocolate.
- Add the coconut oil to a large frying pan and heat on a medium-high heat. Pour small amounts of the batter onto the pan (maybe 2-3 spoonfuls at a time) to form the pancakes. Cook on each side for about 2mins.
- By the time you are done making the pancakes, the plums will have cooked down nicely.
- Top your pancakes with the spiced plums and serve with honey or maple syrup. Dig in!
Banana Workout Smoothie
A pre-or-post workout smoothie is the quickest and easiest way to pack in essential nutrients that your body needs before and after a workout. A liquid snack before hitting the gym can provide the body the fuel it needs to gain muscle and burn fat, and won’t be too heavy on your stomach.
After a workout, a protein drink can help build stronger muscles and speed up muscle recovery time. Protein can also help to rebuild the body throughout the day.
Whey Protein is probably the most popular form of protein powder, however it contains dairy, and not everyone can stomach dairy. Luckily, there are plenty of Vegan and dairy free options on the market now. We recommend trying protein substitutes like hemp, rice, or pea, and milk substitutes like coconut, rice, oats or almond.
Our Dairy Free Chocolate & Banana Workout Smoothie is made using Pulsin Rice Protein which is raw and contains 8g of Protein per serving. Drink this 60-90 minutes before or after a workout for a tasty, nutritious and energising boost.
Dairy Free Chocolate & Banana Workout Smoothie
1 x 330ml Chi Chocolate Coconut Milk
1-2 servings (10-20g) Pulsin Rice Protein (or protein powder of your choice – please check recommended serving on back of pack)
1 x Banana
Chia Seeds (optional)
Chop your banana into small chunks and pop into a blender. Add your protein powder, and pour over a carton of Chi Chocolate Coconut Milk. Blend until smooth.
Serve over ice, or pop into your favourite shaker. Finish with a sprinkle of Chia Seeds.