Summer is coming and what better way to wake up to it, than with a juicy breakfast to make you feel refreshed, shining and will give you a big burst of energy!
Adding lots of fresh summer fruits and juicy flavours into your breakfast is the perfect way to give you a taste of the tropics. So Instead of the usual cereal and milk why not swap it with some of these quick and easy ideas.
STEP 1: The Base – Choosing the Smoothie
Smoothies are a great alternative to milk, with a sorbet taste, natural sugars and an awesome cleanser to the body; you can use this as a base. Here are some summer bursting smoothie tips using some of our Chi products:
- 1-2 Cup of frozen raspberries
- Sprinkle in Cacao Nibs
- ½ Cup Chi Chocolate Coconut Milk
Strawberry Mango Delight:
- 5-6 strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 1.5 cup mangoes, frozen or fresh (about 2 medium yellow mangoes)
- (1/2) cup Chi Coconut Milk
- up to (1/2) cup water
Berry Purple Power (Serves 2):
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or fresh)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh)
- 6 strawberries (large, fresh preferred; frozen is OK)
- 1/2 cup Chi Raw Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (vanilla)
- 1 tbsp honey (or to taste, optional)
Step 2: Choosing the MAIN topping
Now it’s time to pick some toppings you could add to your smoothie bowl!
- Adding a creamy fruit like a chopped banana is perfect to compliment the tangy taste of the berries, as it will add more sweetness to it.
- Honey Granola sprinkle
- Crushed Weetabix
- Museli/ Toasted Buckwheat
- Chia pudding
- Or adding even more fruit is another option!
Step 3: Any Extras?
If you want to add anymore toppings to more flavour, these are highly recommended!
- Shredded Coconut
- Cacao Nibs
- Crushed Almonds (any nuts)/seeds
- Dried fruit
- A blob of Whole earth peanut butter
You can mix and match any of the smoothies with the toppings for your own desired taste!
Want to get fit this spring in time for that lovely summer season? Chi can help you out and keep you motivated when trying to achieve your ideal summer body and state of mind!
Here is why:
1. Chi drinks are low calorie.
Switch that fizzy drink or juice for one of our delicious drinks this spring. Worried you’ll miss that sweet taste? Why not try our new RAW coconut water – bursting with a sweet but natural flavour yet only 70 Calories per 250ml per bottle.
*Available in April at Whole foods and Planet Organic.
2. Chi drinks are hydrating.
When working out it is very important to keep your body hydrated in order for your metabolism to stay as high as possible. However, it is best to stay hydrated throughout the day – before and after exercise – rather than just drinking straight before you start working out. Here at Chi we would recommend our 1L of Chi coconut water for this all-day hydration. This way you can keep us in your fridge and reach for us whenever you feel de-hydrated.
3. Chi products can encourage you to make healthier meals!
Breakfast is key to a healthy lifestyle. Why not try our Chi coconut milk in porridge? Porridge releases energy slowly throughout the day – meaning you’re less likely to snack before lunch. By using Chi coconut milk in your porridge it will also taste much creamier – meaning you might be able to resist that temptation of a maple syrup topping!
Our coconut oil is also perfect for making you lunch or supper lighter. Coconut oil can be used as a substitute in cooking just like olive oil or butter, but it is much healthier! The coconut oil also gives vegetables a great taste when used for frying or cooking… hopefully encouraging you to make more of them!
4. Chi drinks can be healthy and indulgent at the same time – making the switch to a healthy lifestyle all the more bearable!
Our Chi chocolate coconut milk sounds pretty tempting right?! Why not try it – it has that strong chocolatey taste yet has so many health benefits that you can feel indulged and revived all at once! Chi chocolate coconut milk 330ml is only 155 calories per serving and is sweetened naturally by coconut sugar. Our chocolate coconut milk is rich in vitamins & minerals. This is great for a healthy snack – key to speeding up your metabolism for weight loss!
5. Chi drinks can keep you energetic even when cutting down on sugar.
Although our products are low in sugar (containing no added preservatives or unnatural sweeteners) they can keep you awake and active when focusing on a new healthy lifestyle. Chi would recommend its espresso coconut milk – giving you a natural kick from the protein, good fats, fibre, vitamins B & C, potassium, calcium and iron within it! If that isn’t the perfect drink to power you through an afternoon we don’t know what is!
Try our products you will see the result;)