a coconut matcha latte!
We love a good matcha latte and especially when there is chi coconut milk involved, even more so on a monday morning when you need an energy boost. (Or hangover remedy) So to brighten up your monday morning here’s some information on matcha and how a coconut matcha latte can make your Monday marvellous. Oh yes and we’ve thrown in a quick recipe for your convenience, (we’re so kind!).
Although matcha powder comes with a hefty price tag it also comes with a hefty amount of nutrients, perfect justification to pop to your nearest health food store and grab a pot! Unlike green tea which is the brewed tea leaves of many varieties of tea leaf from China and Japan, matcha powder is specificaly ground from tencha leaves in Japan.
The tea bushes are grown and taken great care of during the winter and just before harvesting in May the bushes are covered from sunlight. This stimulates an increase in chlorophyl levels resulting in the leaves to be a darker shade of green. This, my fellow green gods and goddesses, is how matcha powder gets its nutrient potency. This darker shade of green causes a production of amino acids like L-thiamine. This makes matcha perfect for repair and growth as it gives us a supply of ready available amino acids (think hair, skin, nails, muscles). Basically everything we need repairing to be feeling (and looking) amazing.
When we consume Matcha we consume the whole leaf as it is in powdered form. This means we get a fair share of amazing antioxidants like ECGg. Antioxidants are important as they can help prevent damage to our cells from oxidative stress and toxins we consume and produce in our body. Even better for cell repair, skin repair and long term beautifulness!
This combination of matcha, electrolyte and mineral filled coconut milk is brilliant. Drinking one of these babies regularly is a sure fire way to become the envy of your colleagues with your new annoyingly large amount of energy, just what everyone wants to see on a monday!
Chi’s marvellous monday coconut matcha latte. ♥
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder of your choice
- sweetener of choice – for example Manuka honey, natural organic honey ( no chemicals here please!) or rice malt syrup/ another plant based natural sweetener if you are a vegan.
- Chi 100% natural coconut milk
- Gently heat up a mug full of coconut milk.
- stir in about a teaspoon of matcha powder in to your heated coconut milk.
- Add the sweetener of your choice until it is as sweet as you would like it.
- Pour in to your mug and there you have it! Drink up and boss your day (now that you are superman/superwoman)
- For more amazingly good recipes with chi head over to our pint rest.