To be healthy every day is not easy! Staying motivated to eat healthy can be even harder during this season. You smell BBQ every where, ice-cream or fresh soft drinks. All so tempting. And the big excuse that we can hear during summer ‘Oh it’s okay we are on vacation!’ Be careful! Bad habits can come back so quickly. But it’s a shame to quit so close to your goals because ‘winners never quit and quitters never win.’ So let’s keep motivated, no more excuses! In this article you’ll find all the best tips to stay healthy.
1. Set your goals
First you have to set realistic goals which are achievable. Make sure that you can adapt your lifestyle around meeting your goals. Also you have to make you goals specific with a short term goal such as running a 5K toward running a marathon. Your goal needs to be measurable.
2. Exercise as much as you can
As you know exercising is so good for your mind and your body. But also it can help you to eat more healthy by helping you to resist temptation and it reduces craving for junk food. When you start exercising you don’t want to eat junk food but healthy food to see the results of your workout.
3. Don’t get bored
Sometimes eating healthy can be boring…At CHI HQ we say NO! It’s not true now, and thanks to the internet, we can make some yummy and tasty recipes. And lucky as we are, we can find some really nice restaurants! Try new things, don’t stick on one kind of meal. By nature, humans need changes and variety to stay motivated.
4. Healthy snacks
Always bring a healthy snack with you before to go out. This will help you to stay away from the junk food and you won’t be hungry. Studies showed that if you go grocery with an empty stomach you are more tempting to buy junk food. So get a snack before going to the supermarket!
Available at Planet Organic/ Whole Foods/ Selfridges
Here you will find all the healthy snacks to bring with you:
5. Enjoy eating
First thing that you have to remember, you are not on a diet but you choose to eat healthy! So enjoy eating all kinds of food, even your favourite foods (usually not healthy). Deprivation is the worst thing you can do, you’ll just get frustrated. So if you want a treat, eat it and enjoy it but with moderation.
6. Chi Raw coconut
Chi Raw Coconut Water can help you to eat less junk food! How? After drinking coconut water you’ll feel less hungry thanks to its nutrients and vitamins, try it you’ll love it!
Available on ocado.com/ Whole Foods/ Planet Organic
WITH A COCONUT-COCKTAIL
Nothing gets you more in the mood for Summer than lying on the beach with the sunshine hitting your face, feet in the sand, and a refreshing cocktail by your side. When it comes to Summer time, its all about the mixology of fruity, fresh and exotic drinks to give you a tastes of the tropics. Cocktails are fun and the perfect drink to keep you hydrated, cool and relaxed. Not to mention that they of course will bring all sorts of mouth-watering flavours to tantalise your taste buds! Instead of sticking to the signature cocktails such as the infamous Sex on the beach or Tequila sunrise, let’s add a coconut twist into the mix! Our Chi products may just be the magic seed to your drink. Not only will is taste amazing, it will bring a tropical taste to the cocktail making that one drop to the mouth will send you off to a exotic, dreamful place!. These cocktails are 100% guaranteed of pure deliciousness and are very quick and easy to make! Summer cannot get any better than this!
COCONUT GIN AND TONICS
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 2 ounces tonic water
- juice of 1/2 lime (1-2 Tbsp)
- Add ice to a serving glass and top with lime juice, gin, tonic water, and coconut water.
- Stir and garnish with fresh mint or basil (optional).
COCONUT PINEAPPLE CHILLER
Recipe & Photo Credits: FoodfromFlossie
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ pineapple
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 cups chilled Chi Organic Raw Coconut water
- 1 cup vodka (best kept in the freezer)
- 2 limes
- Fresh mint
- Prepare the pineapple by removing the core and the skin and add to your high speed blender.
- Add the vodka, ice, Chi coconut water, juice of one of the limes, 2 mint leaves and blend until super smooth.
- Pour into the glasses and squeeze in a lime wedge and serve with a sprig of mint.
BLACKCURRANT COCKTAIL WITH COCONUT WATER
Recipe & Credits: Food&Style
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 237 ml Chi Organic Raw Coconut water
- 85 g silver tequila
- 43 g blackcurrant liqueur)
- 41 ml lemon juice
- 4 dashes bitters (lemon)
- 2 strips lemon peel (use a vegetable hand-peeler)
KINGSTON COCONUT COLADA
Recipe & Photo Credits: Liqour.com
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 42 ml rum
- 42 ml Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 40 ml pineapple juice
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- lime (Squeeze of)
Nice Crispy Snack
With all these cocktails you need a little snack but a healthy one! Why not to try the Giving Tree snack? This is a special freeze dried and vacuum fried snack , that means 100% of the nutrition remains intact, without any sugar or salt added. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!
We all know when it comes to our diet it can be a crazy rollercoaster. You go through a phase of eating super healthy and restricting your calories for a week, which then leads to a downfall spiral in overindulging in all the naughty foods that make our waistlines grow. We’ve all been there, when it comes to summer, this is usually the case, and as the summer holidays are creeping up, the fad diets start to come into play.
At Chi HQ, we believe we can keep up a healthy momentum, not just for the summer, but also as a lifestyle change. This starts by making sure you have the right balance of foods in your diet. Not only is a healthy diet the main driver to weightloss or maintaining weight, it provides us with all the nutrition our body needs, and is the magic medicine to keeping us look radiant, happy and full of energy!
As part of the summer running #GetFitWithChi we have put together a healthy 1 week- meal plan to keep you on track to maintaining a healthy diet, and that means no skipping meals or crazy calorie restrictions. So now you can say goodbye to yo-yoing and see the change in fuelling your body the healthy and right way! If you have a busy schedule and feel this may be difficult to follow, a Chi tip is also to pre-prepare everything in advance for the week 😉
We would love to know how this meal plan works for you, so post your photos or comments with #GetFitWithChi.
Meal 1 – Breakfast
Option 2: 50g Porridge Oats + Greek yoghurt + topping
Option 3: 1 slice of Whole meal bread toasted + spread some Chi coconut oil on the toast+ egg
*See more Breakfast recipes here *
- Handful of blueberries
- Half a chopped banana
- Sprinkle of chopped nuts or granola
- A small packet of The Giving Tree snacks
- 1 Tblspn Peanut Butter
Meal 2 – Lunch
Option 1: Salad + a little broth soup (avoid creamy salad dressings or creamy soups)
- Salad dressing (optional): Balsamic Vinegar or 1 Tbspn Olive oil, garlic, sea salt and see more here.
Option 2: salad + a piece of white meat or fish
Option 3: Sushi + a little broth soup
Snack options (choose 1)
- 1 raw fruit
- 1 packet of The GivingTree snacks
- 1 boiled egg
- handful of nuts
- Hummus or peanut butter & carrot/celery/cucumber sticks
- Half Avacado on 1 slice of whole meal bread topped with sea salt, pepper and smoked paprika/chilli flakes (optional)
- Chi Iced Lollies, see the recipe here
Meal 3 – Dinner
Option1: Jacket Potato
- 1 skinless chicken breast/beef or tuna steak/salmon
- Seasoned to taste (avoid cheese and cream)
- Mixed roasted vegetables coated with 1tbsp Chi Coconut Oil
- 1 small baked sweet potato
*Vegetarian – substitute meat with tofu, lentils, quorn or a large sweet potato*
Option 2: Savoury eggs
• 2 egg whites and 3 yolks from free range eggs
• A handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
• 1⁄2 chopped white onion
• 1 clove of garlic crushed
• 1 tbsp of Chi coconut oil
• A handful of spinach
- Sautee onion and coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat until translucent.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, spinach and garlic, stir around with the onions.
- Add the egg mixture on top.
- Cook until the bottom of the omelette is bronzed, flip in half, cook for another 30 seconds and serve.
Desert (choose 1)
- Low fat yoghurt pot + add some Giving Tree freeze dried fruits
- Raw fruit
- 2 ginger nut biscuits