A few days ago, we received a package from our lovely friends from PACK’D. We discovered their frozen smoothie kits, which made us quite excited! Excited, because that meant we could cock the kitchen up! No but seriously, the kits were wrapped in a really nice box. They have a very lovely and appealing packaging with bright colours and a beautiful design.
PACK’D offers three different frozen smoothie kits in various flavours. All of them contain two fruit and vegetable pouches and two superfood sachets. No preservatives or sugar is added and the ingredients are all natural.
In PACK’D Energy you can find chopped strawberries, banana, blueberries, raspberries, blackcurrants and spinach leaves and the superfood sachet contains milled flaxseeds, maca, cacao and guarana powder. The Detox variant contains chopped pineapple, apple, kale, ginger, spinach leaves and lemon zest as well as spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass and barleygrass powder. The flavour Defence is composed of the pouch containing chopped pineapple, mango, papaya, banana, ginger and goji berries and the sachet containing milled flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and baobab powder. Each finished smoothie provides you with different nutritions such as vitamins, potassium and fibre and shows individual benefits for your body.
It is really easy to prepare the smoothies as every pack has a little description of how to use it. You have to add a liquid to every kit. We used our Chi Coconut Water and Chi Coconut Milk. PACK’D Defence was the the frozen smoothie kit started with. In not more than two minutes we created a very delicious smoothie with a bright yellow colour. It smelled really fresh and you can taste the different fruit. The green smoothie which was the result from the Detox kit doesn’t taste like the usual “green and healthy smoothie”, which a lot of people don’t find really tasty. Detox has a very enjoyable taste and the fresh green colour makes it look nice as well. From PACK’D Energy we created a smoothie bowl but the process to do it was of course the same. After the ingredients from the pack were added to the blender we obtained a smoothie with a lovely red colour which smelled and tasted just so good!
The PACK’D frozen smoothie kits are a very handy way to create tasty smoothies which contain healthy ingredients. They are fuelling your body and provide you with important nutrients. Apropos of nothing, you consume a good amount of fruit and vegetable easily. Thumbs up for PACK’D!
Summer Smoothie Bowl
Summer has finally arrived in London which we are very happy about! To celebrate this, we want to share a super delicious recipe today. We proudly present – drum roll – the Acai-Blueberry-Coconut-Mango Summer Smoothie Bowl!
This smoothie bowl tastes like summer on a spoon. It refreshes you right in the morning (but you can of course also have it as an afternoon snack). The taste of the tropics will explode in your mouth as you take the first bite! Acai is a superfood, showing a lot of antioxidants. It will protect you of free radicals, which can lead to chronic diseases. In combination with fresh berries, a juicy mango and the creamy coconut you will experience a super yummy taste adventure. Additionally, this smoothie bowl is all vegan, dairy- and gluten-free!
But enough talk now – let’s get into the recipe!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 sachet of frozen acai
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 fresh mango
- 1 cup of CHI coconut milk
- 2 medjool dates or liquid sweetener (optional)
Ingredients for decoration:
Simply blend all the ingredients together until they are smooth. Decorate your bowl nicely and enjoy your summery breakfast!
Well Show Tickets Giveaway
Terms and conditions:
- To enter, you must follow @chicocowater on Twitter and RT the competition post
- The prize package consists of: 2 x BBC Good Food Eat Well Standard Tickets , 1 x 550ml Chi Coconut Oil, 1 x 1L Chi Pure Coconut Water, 1 x Chi Tropical Fruits, 1 x Chi Mango and 1 x Chi Pineapple
- The competition is open to UK residents ONLY
- One winner will be selected at random and contacted via Twitter/Email
- Upon receiving the winner’s full name and address, tickets will be sent out via 1st class post
- If the winners haven’t responded within 48 hours another winner will be selected
- The winner must be able to attend the BBC Good Food Eat Well Show at Olympia, London on either the 27th Feb, 28th Feb or 1st March 2015 to claim their Chi products
- Chi takes no responsibility for lost, delayed or damaged prizes
- In events outside of the promoters (Chi) control, they reserve the right to offer alternative prizes
- The competition closes at midnight on Sunday 22nd February 2015