It’s been a few months that we’ve seen acai berry in our local stores. The acai berry is a small, reddish-purple drupe consisting of a cluster of seeds, with only around 15 percent or so being edible, harvested from palm trees found around the Amazon River basin of South America. These berries are packed with antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids. There are numerous health benefits in them, such as:
– boosting your immune system
– preventing skin health
– loosing weight
– Anti-aging effects and more…
Now you know how great are acai berries, let’s see how to consume them.
Acai Coconut bowl
2 packs of acai purée
100ml Chi Raw coconut water
1. Blend the 2 frozen acai packs in a blender with the banana and coconut water until it’s thick and smooth like a smoothie.
2. Top with sliced strawberries, sliced banana toasted coconut and crumbled granola. Enjoy immediately.
Acai Berry Porridge
30g rolled oats
20g chia seeds
2 tsp maca powder
2 tsp Iswari acai berry powder
180g Chi coconut milk
260g hot water
TOPPINGS (optional): hemp seeds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds, blueberries
1. Add all ingredients, except for the toppings, into a bowl. Cook for 8 min, 100C, reverse speed.
2. Serve with your choice of toppings.