Summer Smoothie Bowl
Summer has finally arrived in London which we are very happy about! To celebrate this, we want to share a super delicious recipe today. We proudly present – drum roll – the Acai-Blueberry-Coconut-Mango Summer Smoothie Bowl!
This smoothie bowl tastes like summer on a spoon. It refreshes you right in the morning (but you can of course also have it as an afternoon snack). The taste of the tropics will explode in your mouth as you take the first bite! Acai is a superfood, showing a lot of antioxidants. It will protect you of free radicals, which can lead to chronic diseases. In combination with fresh berries, a juicy mango and the creamy coconut you will experience a super yummy taste adventure. Additionally, this smoothie bowl is all vegan, dairy- and gluten-free!
But enough talk now – let’s get into the recipe!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 sachet of frozen acai
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 fresh mango
- 1 cup of CHI coconut milk
- 2 medjool dates or liquid sweetener (optional)
Ingredients for decoration:
Simply blend all the ingredients together until they are smooth. Decorate your bowl nicely and enjoy your summery breakfast!
This month Chi gives you the chance to win an amazing hamper where we included an Nutribulet for you to make some yummy juices or smoothies. One of our favorite ways to make smoothies is by adding freeze dried fruits, unusual, don’t you think? It’s fun to add a whole assortment of fruits to any smoothie. A small handful of freeze-dried fruits can really kick up the antioxidant content of your smoothie. If you are ready to make some smoothies, dig out your nutribullet and let’s do it!
Green Tea, Strawberry crispy, and Banana
3 Tbsp water
1 green tea bag
2 tsp honey
½ med banana
¾ c calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk
1. MICROWAVE water on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
2. COMBINE strawberry crisps, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability.
3. ADD tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve!
Power Crispy Peach
1 c CHI coconut milk
2 Tbsp low-fat vanilla yogurt
⅛ tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp whey protein powder
3 ice cubes1 c oats1.
1. BLEND together any liquid ingredients (coconut milk, yogurt) and protein powder; this will help break down the grainy powder and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
2. ADD mushy ingredients, like pre cooked oatmeal and fruit, then add ice at the end. For a thicker shake, you can toss in more freeze dried fruits
Strawberry- Kiwi Smoothie
41¼ c cold apple juice
1 ripe banana, sliced
1 kiwifruit, sliced
COMBINE the juice, banana, kiwifruit and strawberries crisps,. Blend until smooth.
2 cups fresh baby spinach (or other leafy green)
1 celery stalk (optional)
1/2 cup water
1 cup Giving Tree Apple crisps
1 clamp Cinnamon
COMBINE everything, blend until smooth.
Raw coconut water with Mango crisps
250 ml Chi Raw Coconut water
1 cup strawberries (fresh or freeze dried)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup Giving Tree Mango crisps
1.FILL ice trays with the Chi raw coconut water and freeze until solid.
2. PLACE the fruits, honey and 12 coconut water ice cubes into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Creamy Green Smoothie
250 small cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1/2 of a medium courgette, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup Giving Tree Broccoli crisps
1 cup lime sherbet
3/4 cup ice cubes
1 Place a steamer basket in a saucepan. Add water to just below the bottom of the basket. Bring water to boiling. Add apples and courgette. Cover and reduce heat. Steam for 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender. Remove from heat; cool completely.
2 Transfer apple mixture to a blender. Add sherbet. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed. Add ice cubes and the Broccoli crips. Cover and blend until smooth.
Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately
To celebrate the christmas season, we are offering an incredible hamper worth £230.
What’s included in the Christmas hamper ?
1. Nurtribullet, the super food nutrition extractor with all the accessories.
2. £100 WholeFoods Gift Card
3. 6 bottles (250ml) of our Raw coconut water to mix in your smoothies or just to enjoy one by one.
Our raw coconut water is the most pure coconut water that you can find in the market. It is unheated with nothing added and nothing taken away. This means both the taste and nutritional content are unchanged. This product is also 100% organic, fairtrade and sustainable.
4. Full range of Giving Tree
This innovative range of all-natural, preservative-free fruit and vegetable crisps undergo a combination of freeze-drying and vacuum frying to ensure maximum nutrients and superior taste. Rich in antioxidants, potassium and fibre, they are a convenient way of reaching your 5-a-day.
How to enter ?
It is really easy, all you need to do:
2 Repost Chi Christmas hamper on Facebook or/and Instagram or/and twitter
The competition will be running from the 20th November 2015 to the 18th December 2015 3pm, so good luck everyone!
Here are the links :
Chi Christmas Hamper T&Cs: Correct entries will be submitted into our prize draw, and a winner selected at random. The winner will be contacted via twitter or Facebook, or Instagram and must respond within 48 hours to receive their prize; otherwise a new winner will be selected. Open to UK residents only.