Do you wish you were meditating on warm, exfoliating sand, with the salted sea crisp breeze combing your hair and the smell of nature right at your feet? At ChiHQ we would definitely love a taste of this dreamy tropical paradise, and what better way to feel this moment than with the spirit of yoga. It is the perfect workout to take your mind to a calm, mindful place. Not only is yoga a fantastic exercise to get you feeling fit and toned, it can drift you off into a magical/wonderful place! #Namaste
What are the benefits to Yoga?
- It helps to reduce stress
- Increase your flexibility
- And has many other hidden benefits that may surprise you – in the office, bedroom or kitchen!
If you’re struggling to eat healthily and your first goal this summer is to feel fit and fabulous on the beach, regular Yoga may just be the solution! It has been known to help mindful eating habits, awareness of physical and emotional sensations associated with eating, and can help to fight certain cravings through many yoga breathing exercises, which will result to you choosing the healthy options! Whether you are doing it in the living room, in the park, office or at a class here are 3 essentials to get you geared up for it, take with you:
- Coconut Water – Hydration is key to optimise performance. A bottle of our 100% Raw Organic Chi Coconut Water is the perfect thirst quencher and will restore energy levels TWICE as fast as water and sport drinks without any fat or sugar.
- Yoga Mat – A nice and comfortable mat is always needed to make you feel more relaxed to help you get to that happy place aswell as releasing pressure on your body from hard surfaces.
- Foam Roller – Before and after your Yoga workout, use a foam roller to self-massage any tight areas of the body. It is used to lengthen the muscle in order to break up adhesion and scar tissue. This will allow an increase bloody circulation, which will help muscle performance. On top of this it flushes any muscle toxins that have been building up.
drink for Athletes
It can sometimes be a struggle to keep hydrated in general. This can end up making you feel dehydrated throughout the day and when it becomes the time to get a workout in your day, whether it’s a aerobics, a Bikram yoga class or a jog outside, it can end up making you feel dizzy, tired and low on energy. It is important to keep hydrated, especially during exercise where you are sweating it all out.
Sonia Samuels is an incredible Great British athlete passionate about health and fitness. Having put her career on hold to follow her passion and dreams of making the 2016 Olympic athletic team, her dedication, strength and power of achieving this means having daily, intense training sessions and keeping to a clean diet.
For Sonia, it was important to keep herself hydrated before, during and after a work-out to make sure her worked out at a very high performance. So to fuel her up she shared a lovely article about why Chi worked for her. In Sonia words ‘Chi Raw Coconut Water is simply the best way to rehydrate after a run or workout’ not to mention it was ‘Chi-licious’. Check out the rest are what Athelete Sonia thought of our Chi products : http://www.soniasamuels.com/?p=1639
So keep yourself hydrated with Chi!
Skin and Hair
As we move towards October, it is important to start protecting ourselves from the damaging effects of the cold, winter weather. During these colder months, dryness in the air forces our hair, skin and nails to behave very differently. Compensating for this loss of natural moisture in the air can be challenging, but here at Chi, we have an all-in-one solution for you…
Labelled as “nature’s wonder oil,” Coconut Oil is packed with nutrients that can help to nourish dry hair skin and hair. Organic, Virgin, Coconut Oil is also a natural and effective way to lessen your exposure to the toxins and chemicals found in many everyday beauty products. Many moisturisers, shampoos and conditioners contain alcohols and petroleum-based ingredients that can suffocate the skin and damage hair. Commercial beauty brands often contain a lot of water too, which makes you feel like your skin/hair are being moisturised, but as soon as the water dries, your skin dries. In contrast, coconut oil provides deep and real moisture. It helps to strengthen underlying tissues and remove excessive dead cells on the skin’s surface, as well as strengthen hair follicles and add shine for gorgeous, silky locks.
Grab yourself a jar of Chi Organic Virgin Coconut Oil here, and follow these 3 easy steps for hydrated hair, skin and nails this Winter…
1. Wash your hair using a natural and organic shampoo. We recommend Green People’s range. Rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Apply a generous amount of Coconut Oil to your hair, and comb through to the ends. (Tip: leave about 1 inch of the roots un-oiled to avoid the greasy-look!)
3. Leave for 10 – 30 minutes. Rinse once or twice and leave the hair to dry naturally.
4. Repeat once a week.
blake lively link
1. Cleanse face as per your usual routine.
2. Apply a small amount of coconut oil around the delicate eye area, and any dry patches. (Tip: coconut oil also makes a great lip balm!)
3. Allow 10 minutes to soak into the skin before applying make-up.
1. Remove any existing nail polish and soak your hands in warm water.
2. Massage coconut oil into your hands, concentrating on the cuticle and nail area.
3. Sit back, relax and allow 10 minutes to soak into the skin.
4. Apply your favourite nail polish. (We recommend Zoya – free from harsh chemicals and toxins.)
Beautiful skin also comes from within. Remember to drink plenty of water and coconut water during winter.