We are so delighted to announce that our 6th clean drinking water project is complete! The Bukemba 3 community now has immediate access to clean drinking water changing the lives of 345 people.
“My village has had a big problem with water for a very long time. Our source of water has been a pond that has been drying up some times during the dry seasons leaving us with no water. This meant that we had to walk to the nearby community to get water from a swamp. We had to walk to close to 3 kilometers to and from. I used to spend a lot of time looking for water, yet I also had to do chores at home. This greatly affected my performance at school because I didn’t have enough time to read and revise.
But thanks to Chi Coconut Water which has answered our prayers by constructing a clean water source for us through Drop 4 Drop. Am very excited that my village has clean water now. I longer spend a lot of time looking for water, this water burden was dealt with and now I have time to do other home chores and read my books. I believe my performance at school will greatly impove.”
Namuli Shamim, 9 years old from Bukemba 3.
If you have an office, you already know how hard is to exercise at your work place. Office spaces are set up to require little movement, you are in front of your computer, sitting all day. This has a huge impact on your health, it can increase your weight, also increase the strain on your back, wrists, eyes and neck. Now it’s time to fix that!
Today Chi team will give you all the keys to improve your health at your work. You won’t need gym clothes, or even a shower. We’ll give you some easy exercises to do anywhere in the office.
1. First take the stairs anytime you can
2. Correct your posture at your desk
Your back needs to be straight, your shoulders back, and the top of your monitor should be level with your eyes. If you have to look down or up, then you need to adjust the height of your screen. Also keep your legs bent at the knees so that the knees are only slightly higher than your hips. Your feet should be flat on the floor or on a step stool of some sort.
3. Stretch as much as you can during the day
4. Exercise while sitting
- Start with feet flat on floor.
- Sit tall at your desk.
- Hold your abdominal muscles tight.
- Extend one leg until it is level with your hip.
- Hold for ten seconds
- First try to lift the table.
- Put your hand under the table.
- Press up against the table.
- Continue until your muscles are tired.
- Do this one hand at a time or both together.
Next, push the table into the floor.
- Put hand on table, palm down.
- Press down as strongly as you can.
- Stop when your muscles are tired.
- You can do this one hand at a time or both together if it looks more natural.
5. Change your chair for a ball
This ball will force you to use your abs and to improve your balance.
A new desk for a new health
We also want to introduce you to a new revolutionary desk… The treadmill!
This desk is phenomenal. You can burn calories while you getting your work done. Isn’t it perfect?!
They are so many benefits from the treadmill. Here are some:
- Boost your productivity
- Improve metabolism
- Healthier heart
- Reduce back pain
- Brain booster
- Feel happier
We are so excited to have our Treadmill in our office!
And don’t forget to stay hydrated at your work with Chi Raw Coconut Water.
sun with Coconut Oil
The sun is shining! What you want to do is to go out and tan. Especially in summer – you want to get a sun-kissed glow but without the sun damage! There’s no denying that most people look healthier when they are tan. However, as we all know, UV radiation is dangerous for our skin. Skin can develop freckles, rashes and, over time, UV radiation can accelerate skin ageing and cause pigment changes commonly known as ‘age spots’. It can also cause changes in the skin cells, which may lead to skin cancer.
At Chi HQ we have all the best tips that you need to know before going on vacation. First, let’s talk about the must have during summer: sunscreen.
How to choose your sunscreen?
Selecting a sunscreen depends on many factors such as how sensitive your skin is to burning, how dry or oily your skin is. If you have fair skin that burns easily you should choose a broad spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF 50+. If you have a skin that tans readily you could choose a broad spectrum sunscreen with intermediate SPF 15-20+. And If you have darkly pigmented skin and do not suffer heavily from sunburn, you need a sunscreen with low SPF 8-15+.
How to use it?
It is extremely important to use sunscreens correctly to achieve the best protection.
- Apply sunscreen liberally to all sun-exposed areas so that it forms a film when initially applied.
- It takes 20-30 minutes for sunscreen to be absorbed by the skin and it can be rubbed off very easily, so apply it at least half an hour before going out in the sun.
- Re-apply sunscreen every 2 hours if staying out in the sun for more than an hour during the day.
- Re-apply immediately after swimming, excessive sweating, or if rubbed off by clothing or toweling. This should be the case even if the product claims to be “water resistant”.
What are the alternative of the sunscreen?
You won’t believe it, but Chi Coconut Oil can be used as a sunscreen. Native pacific islanders have been using coconut oil sunscreen for thousands of years. It is the best way to get a healthy tan and Vitamin D. It’s a natural sunscreen – it blocks about 20% of UV rays when applied.
But you have to keep in mind that as dermatologists will tell you ‘no tan is a healthy tan’ (hard as it is to resist!)
How to heal your sunburn?
Sunburn often leads to dehydration, which can cause headaches. So skip the margarita and opt for a massive glass of Chi Raw coconut water, super-hydrating.
Also you should hydrate your skin, be sure to apply lotion to your body including the sunburned area. You can use Chi Coconut Oil as well!
WITH A COCONUT-COCKTAIL
Nothing gets you more in the mood for Summer than lying on the beach with the sunshine hitting your face, feet in the sand, and a refreshing cocktail by your side. When it comes to Summer time, its all about the mixology of fruity, fresh and exotic drinks to give you a tastes of the tropics. Cocktails are fun and the perfect drink to keep you hydrated, cool and relaxed. Not to mention that they of course will bring all sorts of mouth-watering flavours to tantalise your taste buds! Instead of sticking to the signature cocktails such as the infamous Sex on the beach or Tequila sunrise, let’s add a coconut twist into the mix! Our Chi products may just be the magic seed to your drink. Not only will is taste amazing, it will bring a tropical taste to the cocktail making that one drop to the mouth will send you off to a exotic, dreamful place!. These cocktails are 100% guaranteed of pure deliciousness and are very quick and easy to make! Summer cannot get any better than this!
COCONUT GIN AND TONICS
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 2 ounces tonic water
- juice of 1/2 lime (1-2 Tbsp)
- Add ice to a serving glass and top with lime juice, gin, tonic water, and coconut water.
- Stir and garnish with fresh mint or basil (optional).
COCONUT PINEAPPLE CHILLER
Recipe & Photo Credits: FoodfromFlossie
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ pineapple
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 cups chilled Chi Organic Raw Coconut water
- 1 cup vodka (best kept in the freezer)
- 2 limes
- Fresh mint
- Prepare the pineapple by removing the core and the skin and add to your high speed blender.
- Add the vodka, ice, Chi coconut water, juice of one of the limes, 2 mint leaves and blend until super smooth.
- Pour into the glasses and squeeze in a lime wedge and serve with a sprig of mint.
BLACKCURRANT COCKTAIL WITH COCONUT WATER
Recipe & Credits: Food&Style
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 237 ml Chi Organic Raw Coconut water
- 85 g silver tequila
- 43 g blackcurrant liqueur)
- 41 ml lemon juice
- 4 dashes bitters (lemon)
- 2 strips lemon peel (use a vegetable hand-peeler)
KINGSTON COCONUT COLADA
Recipe & Photo Credits: Liqour.com
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 42 ml rum
- 42 ml Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 40 ml pineapple juice
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- lime (Squeeze of)
Nice Crispy Snack
With all these cocktails you need a little snack but a healthy one! Why not to try the Giving Tree snack? This is a special freeze dried and vacuum fried snack , that means 100% of the nutrition remains intact, without any sugar or salt added. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!