We are lucky to have an amazing nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert aka Rhitrition at Chi HQ. She’s offering dietary advice on how to live a healthy & happy lifestyle and how to eat well, check out her website here.
In this article we gathered the best porridges from Rhitrition to kickstart your mornings! Porridge is packed full of nutrients, especially if you mix the oats with some superfoods. It takes less than 5 minutes to make these recipes, perfect when you are in a rush!
Chia Seed Porridge
Peanut Butter Porridge
BANANA BREAD RECIPE
We absolutely love this Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe from the Minimalist Baker… In fact, we just LOVE the Minimalist Baker! Husband and wife team, John and Dana, created The Minimalist Baker as “a space for simple, delicious food” which often uses 7 ingredients or less. Their site features a wide range of recipes, which cater for everyone. They also have a section called “one bowl” which is where we found this mouthwatering, Vegan and Gluten Free, Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Snack Bread recipe… Not only can you make this wonderful recipe using just one bowl, but you can also use TWO dairy free, Chi ingredients; Chi 100% Natural Coconut Milk and Chi Coconut Oil.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BREAD
Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 flax egg ( 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 Tbsp water | or sub 1 egg)
- 3 medium ripe bananas (~1.5 cups)
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup salted natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 2.5 Tbsp rape seed or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 (PLEASE NOTE: this is according to US oven temperature settings) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl and let rest for 5 minutes to activate.
- Add banana and mash thoroughly.
- Add all ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add cocoa powder, almond meal, gluten free flour blend, oats and stir.
- Last, stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips (if using).
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly on top. My sweet spot was about 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form (preferably overnight).
Store completely cooled leftovers in a covered container for up to several days, though best when fresh. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.
CREDIT: John and Dana, The Minimalist Baker | http://minimalistbaker.com/ @minimalistbaker
Ingredient suggestions from Chi…
Chi Organic Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
Chi 100% Natural Coconut Milk