Ice lollies – who does not love them?!
We are all enjoying the sun and the heat these last days. Everyone is relaxing in the park or on a rooftop bar (have a look at the best ones you can find in London here).
The perfect get-together with friends is a picnic. But in this heat a picnic is only successful if you bring one special little thing – ice lollies! Everyone is happy to lick on one to cool down. We have a super easy recipe for you to see happy faces at your picnic. In no time you’ll have some healthy and hydrating ice lollies! The best thing is, that you only need two ingredients for this!
Pack the ice lollies, some snacks (for example the Giving Tree Snacks) and lots of other trifles to eat and enjoy it with your friends.
- CHI coconut water
- fruit of your choice
Simply slice your fruit and put them into ice moulds. Fill the moulds with CHI coconut water. Put them into the freezer for at least 6 hours, better overnight.
The ice lollies are the easiest and fastest treat to make and they are so delicious! Enjoy!
I want to be healthy!
Working full time, taking care of your family and other activities, eating healthy isn’t easy everyday! When you don’t have time to cook, it’s so tempting to rush into buying junk food. So because we want you fit and lean, we have prepared for you a meal plan for your busy days. The key to make healthy and quick meals is to have all the items on hand that it will be easier and faster to make healthy choices. Also try to cook during the weekend for the week ahead, and store your meals in a fridge.
Breakfast is the meal that we have less time to eat, most of the time the breakfast we eat it on the go to work/school. So this is what you should eat to kick start your day
1 piece of fruit (at least) such as banana, orange, blueberries
1 handful of nuts such as walnuts, almonds
1 piece of Toast with some peanut butter
When you eat the right kind of food at lunch, it’ll help you stay full and alert throughout the afternoon.
Quick and easy salad, combine all this ingredients on a plate
2 handful of rocket or spinach
2 slices of smoked salmon
pepper and salt
Snacking can satiate hunger between meals to prevent overeating, here is the best snack to eat
1 Toasted whole grain bread slice
Spread of cottage cheese
Fruit slices such as strawberry, blackberry or pineapple
Eating dinner earlier will help your digestion
Super healthy smoothie
200ml CHI coconut milk or almond milk
2 Tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
1 handful of blueberries or strawberries
1 Tbsp hemp powder
2 tsp whey protein powder
3 ice cubes
2 Tbsp oats.
Blend all these ingredients in a food processor and drink it!
Articles related to the same topics:
HEALTHY MEAL PLAN #GETFITWITHCHI
THE ESSENTIAL VITAMINS FOR A HEALTHY WINTER!
Trick or treat? TREATTTTT! Halloween night is coming in a few weeks! Are you going to a party or watch a scary movie with your friends? Either way you need YUMMY snacks. Chi and its favourite brands are here to provide you with all you need 😉
What’s the prize included?
- 5 Joe and Seph packs
Handmade popcorn in London that use natural ingredients. Their range contain over 40 innovative flavours (sweet or savoury).
- 2 Giving Tree packs
Healthy and delicious range that the whole family can enjoy. Preservative free, all natural, guilt free!
- 2 bottles of Chi Raw coconut water
100% Raw organic coconut water, unheated, with nothing added and nothing taken away. This means both the taste and nutritional content are unchanged.
How to enter ?
It’s really easy, all you need to do:
- Like our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram and follow us on twitter
- Share the Halloween competition with the hashtag #joeandseph and #givingtreesnack
The competition will be running from the 13th October to the 27th October 4pm, so good luck everyone!
Here are our links:
Chi’prize T&Cs: Correct entries will be submitted into our prize draw, and a winner selected at random. The winner will be contacted via twitter or Facebook, and must respond within 48 hours to receive their prize; otherwise a new winner will be selected. Open to UK residents only.
Have you ever tried the Giving Tree snacks? The Giving Tree offers a range of freeze dried fruits and Vacuum fried vegetables. The fruit are 100% pure with no added ingredients (sugar, preservatives or flavourings). And the vegetable range (Broccolis & Pumpkin) is 100% natural, using only 2% of rice bran oil per pack. Rice bran oil is free from trans fat and low saturated fats, also this oil is rich of antioxidant. The Giving Tree snacks are both nutritious and delicious. They retain many of the natural nutritional qualities and flavour of the fruit and vegetables.
The Giving Tree Range
WHAT’S FREEZE DRIED?
Freeze drying foods is a process that removes 98% of the food’s water content, giving it a longer shelf life whilst retaining the flavour, colour and nutritional elements. Freeze dried foods are rich in antioxidants, potassium and fibre.
WHAT’S VACUUM FRIED?
Vacuum frying is a process of putting food into a machine that pressurises and cooks it with the use of hot oil, but at much lower temperatures than traditional frying methods. Putting the process in a vacuum lowers water’s evaporation point. Food can fry at lower temperatures, absorbing less oil.
- 1 of your 5 a day
- Low in calories
- Full of vitamins
- High in fiber
- Full of antioxidants
Where to find them?
Giving tree snacks are available at Whole Foods London & Planet Organic and some other stores. Check out here to find the closest store to you.
WIN the full range of Giving tree snacks and a yoga session!
How do I enter the competition?
For a chance to win, it’s very simple, all you need to do is:
- Like Giving Tree Facebook Page or follow us on Twitter or Instagram.
- Share and tag a friend in the competition photo on one of the pages.
- And add the hashtag #yogasphere.
The winner and the friend tagged will all win The GivingTree prize!
The competition will be running from the 11th August 2015 – 25th August 2015 till 4pm.
Here are the links:
The GivingTree’prize T&Cs: Correct entries will be submitted into our prize draw, and a winner selected at random. The winner will be contacted via twitter or Facebook, and must respond within 48 hours to receive their prize; otherwise a new winner will be selected. Open to UK residents only.
Summer makes you happy and at Chi we want you to be happier! This week you will have the chance to win an amazing Prize.
What’s included in the prize?
- 2 packs of Giving Tree snack: 1 Strawberry (18g) + 1 Mixed Veg (22g)
- 2 Bottles of Chi Organic Raw coconut water (250ml)
- An UBER promo code for first time riders
How to enter ?
- Repost our Summer Prize on Chi or Giving Tree social media (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook)
- Add the hashtags #chicoconutwater & #givingtreesnack
The competition will be running from the 22nd July to the 29th July 4pm. Good luck everyone!
Here are the links:
Summer prize T&Cs: Correct entries will be submitted into our prize draw, and a winner selected at random. The winner will be contacted via twitter or Facebook, and must respond within 48 hours to receive their prize; otherwise a new winner will be selected. Open to UK residents only.
bring to the beach?
Spending your time at the beach playing in the water or lying on the sand can make you hungry! Snacks are a must have at the beach but what to bring? During vacation nobody wants to devote a lot effort to making snacks. The perfect snack at the beach needs to be easy to carry and simple to eat. But you have to avoid snacks high in salt and fat.
At Chi we’ll give you all the tips to bring healthy and tasty snacks with you during your vacation.
1. Trail Mix
- A trail mix very high in antioxidants and wonderful healthy oils
- No partially hydrogenated oils or fats.
- A high-energy snack with no added sugar or harmful preservatives.
2. Fresh Fruit
Nothing can be easier and healthier than to eat a fresh fruit.
3. Giving Tree snacks
Want something crispy? Giving Tree snack is the perfect combination of fresh fruits and crisps.
- Fruits are freeze-dried – a technology that doesn’t damage the nutritional value or the flavour
- No sugar added
- Vegetables are vacuum fried with a healthy oil (Rice Bran oil which is rich of antioxidants)
- No salt added
4. Granola Bar
You can make your own energy booster granola bar, the night before to go to the beach.
- 2 tbsp Chi Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Chi Coconut water
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjol dates
- 1 1/2 lightly toasted jumbo organic Oats
- 1 cup raw whole almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Organic crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
1. Blend the dates in a food processor until you get a smooth paste. Use 2 tbsp Chi Coconut water to help the blending process.
2. Place oats, almonds, cranberries and dates paste in a bowl and set aside.
3. Warm honey, peanut butter and Chi Coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Stir gently and then pour over the oats mixture. Mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mix to a baking parchment lined baking tin/tray.
5. Press down with a spatula until smooth and uniformly flattened. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
6. Remove from the baking tin, cut into bars 10/12 bars. You can store them in air tight container or wrapping them individually. They keep in the fridge for up to 6 days.
5. Stay hydrated with Chi Raw Coconut Water
Chi Raw Coconut Water will be your sun soul mate for this summer!
WITH A COCONUT-COCKTAIL
Nothing gets you more in the mood for Summer than lying on the beach with the sunshine hitting your face, feet in the sand, and a refreshing cocktail by your side. When it comes to Summer time, its all about the mixology of fruity, fresh and exotic drinks to give you a tastes of the tropics. Cocktails are fun and the perfect drink to keep you hydrated, cool and relaxed. Not to mention that they of course will bring all sorts of mouth-watering flavours to tantalise your taste buds! Instead of sticking to the signature cocktails such as the infamous Sex on the beach or Tequila sunrise, let’s add a coconut twist into the mix! Our Chi products may just be the magic seed to your drink. Not only will is taste amazing, it will bring a tropical taste to the cocktail making that one drop to the mouth will send you off to a exotic, dreamful place!. These cocktails are 100% guaranteed of pure deliciousness and are very quick and easy to make! Summer cannot get any better than this!
COCONUT GIN AND TONICS
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 2 ounces tonic water
- juice of 1/2 lime (1-2 Tbsp)
- Add ice to a serving glass and top with lime juice, gin, tonic water, and coconut water.
- Stir and garnish with fresh mint or basil (optional).
COCONUT PINEAPPLE CHILLER
Recipe & Photo Credits: FoodfromFlossie
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ pineapple
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 cups chilled Chi Organic Raw Coconut water
- 1 cup vodka (best kept in the freezer)
- 2 limes
- Fresh mint
- Prepare the pineapple by removing the core and the skin and add to your high speed blender.
- Add the vodka, ice, Chi coconut water, juice of one of the limes, 2 mint leaves and blend until super smooth.
- Pour into the glasses and squeeze in a lime wedge and serve with a sprig of mint.
BLACKCURRANT COCKTAIL WITH COCONUT WATER
Recipe & Credits: Food&Style
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 237 ml Chi Organic Raw Coconut water
- 85 g silver tequila
- 43 g blackcurrant liqueur)
- 41 ml lemon juice
- 4 dashes bitters (lemon)
- 2 strips lemon peel (use a vegetable hand-peeler)
KINGSTON COCONUT COLADA
Recipe & Photo Credits: Liqour.com
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 42 ml rum
- 42 ml Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 40 ml pineapple juice
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- lime (Squeeze of)
Nice Crispy Snack
With all these cocktails you need a little snack but a healthy one! Why not to try the Giving Tree snack? This is a special freeze dried and vacuum fried snack , that means 100% of the nutrition remains intact, without any sugar or salt added. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!