WITH A COCONUT-COCKTAIL
Nothing gets you more in the mood for Summer than lying on the beach with the sunshine hitting your face, feet in the sand, and a refreshing cocktail by your side. When it comes to Summer time, its all about the mixology of fruity, fresh and exotic drinks to give you a tastes of the tropics. Cocktails are fun and the perfect drink to keep you hydrated, cool and relaxed. Not to mention that they of course will bring all sorts of mouth-watering flavours to tantalise your taste buds! Instead of sticking to the signature cocktails such as the infamous Sex on the beach or Tequila sunrise, let’s add a coconut twist into the mix! Our Chi products may just be the magic seed to your drink. Not only will is taste amazing, it will bring a tropical taste to the cocktail making that one drop to the mouth will send you off to a exotic, dreamful place!. These cocktails are 100% guaranteed of pure deliciousness and are very quick and easy to make! Summer cannot get any better than this!
COCONUT GIN AND TONICS
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 2 ounces tonic water
- juice of 1/2 lime (1-2 Tbsp)
- Add ice to a serving glass and top with lime juice, gin, tonic water, and coconut water.
- Stir and garnish with fresh mint or basil (optional).
COCONUT PINEAPPLE CHILLER
Recipe & Photo Credits: FoodfromFlossie
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ pineapple
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 cups chilled Chi Organic Raw Coconut water
- 1 cup vodka (best kept in the freezer)
- 2 limes
- Fresh mint
- Prepare the pineapple by removing the core and the skin and add to your high speed blender.
- Add the vodka, ice, Chi coconut water, juice of one of the limes, 2 mint leaves and blend until super smooth.
- Pour into the glasses and squeeze in a lime wedge and serve with a sprig of mint.
BLACKCURRANT COCKTAIL WITH COCONUT WATER
Recipe & Credits: Food&Style
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 237 ml Chi Organic Raw Coconut water
- 85 g silver tequila
- 43 g blackcurrant liqueur)
- 41 ml lemon juice
- 4 dashes bitters (lemon)
- 2 strips lemon peel (use a vegetable hand-peeler)
KINGSTON COCONUT COLADA
Recipe & Photo Credits: Liqour.com
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 42 ml rum
- 42 ml Chi Organic Raw Coconut Water
- 40 ml pineapple juice
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- lime (Squeeze of)
Nice Crispy Snack
With all these cocktails you need a little snack but a healthy one! Why not to try the Giving Tree snack? This is a special freeze dried and vacuum fried snack , that means 100% of the nutrition remains intact, without any sugar or salt added. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!
you cool this summer
We all know when it gets to summer, it is time for a quick last minute health kick before a holiday! That means cutting down on all the tasty treats, which in the summer, it tends to be very difficult. Especially when you’re out and about in the hot sun, and all you are thinking about is a refreshing ice cream or chocolate sundae would be nice to cool you down and sort out those naughty sugar cravings. Do not worry, we have the solution for you! There’s no need to completely ditch these treats. Instead we have put together a mixture of healthier and guilt-free versions of ice-lollies and ice-cream recipes you can give a try. All of these recipes have a coconut flavour to them, giving you an exotic taste!
Mango and Coconut Ice-lollies (makes 10)
- Ice-lolly moulds take 1/3 cup of mixture
- 10 ice-lolly sticks needed
- Use vanilla beans rather than extracts
- 450 g mango flesh (2 large mangos)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1 can (270 ml) Chi Coconut Milk
In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Evenly pour into your Ice-lolly moulds. Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for a further 2-3 hours, until fully frozen. To enjoy, run the mould under a little hot water to loosen the Ice-lollies.
Vegan, sugar-free magnum choco-blocks
What you need:
- 8 Ice cream moulds
Ingredients (makes 8):
For the ice cream:
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 400mL can full fat coconut milk, chilled if possible
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- t teaspoon vanilla bean paste
For the chocolate:
- ½ cup Chi Raw Organic Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup cacao butter
- ½ cup cacao
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the ice cream: Pop the ice cream ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into ice cream moulds, add your sticks and pop into the freezer to set overnight.
For the chocolate: Put all the ingredients into a pan and heat on a very low heat until you create a smooth consistency. Be careful not to burn/overcook.
When you get the ice creams out, allow to defrost for a few minutes so they come out of the moulds easily. Alternatively run the moulds under hot water to loosen the edges.
To make the magnum…
Classic: Dip the ice cream into a bowl of chocolate. Use a icing knife to smooth out any edges but be quick because it should set almost immediately. Repeat to create a nice thick layer of chocolate. Pop back into the freezer for a few minutes to completely freeze. Enjoy!
Almond: As per Magnum Classic, but add a handful of slithered almonds to sandwich between chocolate layers.
Peppermint: As per Magnum Classic, but add 1 tablespoon of mint extract (or to taste), a handful of fresh mint and a few drops of green food colouring/spirulina to the ice cream mixture.
Storage: in a freezer safe container in the freezer for up to 5 days.
With Spring finally here we thought we’d be the first to get going on those ice cold drinks to get us in the mood for some sun. And what better iced drink is there than a chocolate coconut milk iced espresso to keep you going throughout the day? Chi have found the perfect recipe to refresh you and it’s dairy free!
Chi’s iced espresso
Our Chi espresso coconut milk is dairy free, low in fat, isotonic and 100% natural! It is packed with added fibre and naturally occurring electrolytes – keeping you hydrated, vibrant and healthy. The product is also gluten free, dairy free and suitable for vegetarians – a great drink to recommend to friends with intolerances.
Anyway, we think this recipe is fabulous, let’s try it!
Steps to follow:
1. Place one 330ml bottle of Chi espresso coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours to cool it.
2. Meanwhile, pour our Chi chocolate coconut milk into ice cube trays and place it in the freezer until set.
3. When the ice has set and the Chi espresso coconut milk drink is cold enough enjoy the two as a delicious iced drink – with a kick from the coffee and a bit of a hint of chocolate from the ice cubes!
4. If you want an extra health kick, stir in 1 teaspoon of our delicious Chi coconut oil. Enjoy!