With Coconut Milk!
Brr, brr, BRRRR! Has winter finally arrived? The mornings are getting darker and colder as the autumnal weather approaches, and let’s face it. Porridge is a great winter warmer and what better way to start a cold, frosty morning than with a warming bowl of porridge? Breakfast is important to fuel your body for the day, particularly if you’re going for a morning run or a gym session before work. We’re huge fans of icy cold smoothies or granola and fruit in the summer months, but now the weather has turned colder, we’re looking for a toasty alternative.
But there are more reasons to enjoy porridge than just a delicious start to the day; oats could provide protection against heart disease and cancer, scientists say, and porridge is packed with fibre, which provides your body with sustainable energy.
If you are feeling the cold here is a recipe to heat up your mornings with…
A warming oat-free porridge topped with crunchy Giving Tree Snack Pumpkin Crisps and nutritious goji berries and a drizzle of Yacon Syrup!
- Luxurious Oat-Free Porridge
- Yacon Syrup
- Coconut butter
- The Giving Tree Pumpkin Crisps
- Coconut milk or Water
- Brazilian nuts
- Goji berries
- Pumpkin and chia seeds
- Place the oats and the coconut milk or water in a large pan over a medium heat
- Add a tiny pinch of salt, coconut butter and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a steady simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring as often as you can to give you a smooth creamy porridge – if you like your porridge runnier, simply add a splash more coconut milk or water until you’ve got the consistency you like.
- Stir the Yacon Syrup through the porridge.
- After you’re satisfied with the consistency, put your oats porridge in a bowl an add your Giving Tree Pumpkin Crisps topping alongside with the Goji Berries, Brazilian Nuts, Pumpkin, chia seeds and a little bit of cinnamon!
coconut that you should try!
As you may have already noticed, we use coconuts from Thailand and thanks to that our coconut water and milk has a sweet natural flavor. So today we will make you discover 5 thai dishes, which will allow you to use our products to create a tasty meal for you and your friends and family!
“Panaeng” (also spelled Phanaeng or Phanang) is a kind of red thai curry which is really thick and tasty!
Tom kha kai (chicken in coconut milk soup)
This soup is quite classic and quick to make: indeed, as you will see in the recipe you don’t need many complicated ingredients, just some quintessential Thai ingredients which will create the rich and dynamic flavor of this chicken and coconut soup!
Here is another curry recipe, which is as tasty as the previous one! Quick to prepare and absolutely delicious!
This is one of the most popular dishes in Southern Thailand: a coconut milk minced fish curry (yeah, another curry!), which is once again delicious! Check out the link below!
You are on a diet but you still want to eat something really tasty? This recipe might be for you! It’s gluten free and really simply amazing!
Feel free to share your thoughts about those recipes with us, whether you liked it or not and don’t forget to stock up on CHI coconut milk and CHI coconut waters to continue cooking sweet and tasty recipes like these!