The weekend is coming! Woohoo!
During the weekend you just want to enjoy your lazy morning with a nice brunch to share with your family or your friends. But you don’t know what to make? At Chi we have some tasty recipes to illuminate your morning.
For these brunch recipes we focused on egg omelette because there are so many benefits to eating eggs in the morning. A lot of studies showed that eating eggs help you to maintain a calorie deficit and lose weight. Not to mention they are really easy to make!
Sweet – Orange Coconut Omelette
Ingredients – Serves 1
3 large eggs
¼ cup Chi coconut milk
½ tsp orange zest
Pinch salt and black pepper
1 tbsp Chi coconut oil
- Add Chi coconut oil to a non-stick pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs, orange zest, salt, pepper and coconut milk to a small mixing bowl and give this a good whisk, until slightly frothy.
- Pour that mixture into the preheated pan and swirl it around to spread your omelette evenly over the entire surface of the pan.
- Let the omelette settle for a few seconds then run a heat resistant rubber spatula around the edge to sort of break it down a little bit, then start swirling again.
- You want some of the uncooked eggs from the top to get under the omelette. Don’t be afraid to break it up a little bit.
- Repeat that process 2 or 3 times until the top really starts to set. Remove from heat and let your omelette sit for a few minutes until the top is completely (or almost completely) set. You can cover it if you want to speed things up a bit…
Delicately slide your omelette onto serving plate, (fold it in half while doing so if desired) and garnish with fresh (or dry, or toasted) unsweetened coconut shavings.
Savoury – Vegetable Omelette
• 2 egg whites and 3 yolks from free range eggs
• A handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
• 1⁄2 chopped white onion
• 1 clove of garlic crushed
• 1 tbsp of Chi coconut oil
• A handful of spinach
- Sautee onion and coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat until translucent.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, spinach and garlic, stir around with the onions.
- Add the egg mixture on top.
- Cook until the bottom of the omelette is bronzed, flip in half, cook for another 30 seconds and serve.
And to have all the energy needed for your day, drink our organic raw coconut water!
Here are a few things that will make us happy this weekend.
Have the most wonderful weekend and make sure you enjoy a Chi.
a happy and healthy weekend
- Start your day with 15 minutes of meditation
Meditation is the best way to start the day. It has great calming effects, plus helps you to recharge so you have more energy throughout the day.
- Make a green smoothie
Green smoothies are a quick and easy way to get large amounts of fruits and leafy greens into your daily diet. And they are so simple to make! You just need to add a liquid-base (Chi Coconut Water is a great option!), leafy greens and fruit. You can also add some super food toppings like chia seeds or goji berries.
- Make a coconut oil face mask
If you want soft, smooth and hydrated skin, this mask is the solution. You just need to mix 1tbsp Chi Coconut Oil, 1tbsp honey and a squeeze of lemon. Apply the mixture onto a clean face and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
- Make some healthy lollipops to enjoy with friends
We all love to enjoy a sweet treat during the weekend, but if you are craving sweetness but not the calories, fruity lollipops are the solution for a healthy summer weekend. You just have to mix Chi Coconut Water with your favorite fruits, freeze and enjoy!
- Explore your city and spend some time outdoors
Summer is here and the sun is shining! So, make sure you spend some time outdoors. How about going for a run, visit a farmers market or going for a picnic with friends?
Have the most wonderful weekend everyone!